We work for the community.
The Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization which takes a leadership role in serving the needs of the Chamberlain-Oacoma area and is an advocate and catalyst in the promotion, growth and quality of life of the area.
The Chamber is working together to promote the economic prosperity of the Chamberlain-Oacoma area by:
1. Recruiting and maintaining membership
2. Promoting community businesses and resources
3. Developing our location and tourism opportunities
The Chamber's priorities are as follows:
- Membership Relations & Services
- Convention & Visitors Bureau
- "Shop Chamberlain-Oacoma First" campaign
- Continue developing and evaluating the tourism and outdoor resources
- Increase communication and cooperation with other community organizations
- Promotion of the agriculture in the community
- Being the voice of business and the community in policy-making arenas
On a daily basis, the phone in the Chamberlain-Oacoma Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB office rings regularly about questions about our community, our services, attractions, lodging and campgrounds, businesses and more. Visitors walk through our doors requesting directions, community information, business referrals, etc.
We have many times heard the questions a thousand times over:
- "What can I do in Chamberlain-Oacoma?"
- "How far is it to...?"
- "Where's a good place to eat, sleep, watch the sunset, get my car fixed...?"
The questions are endless.
You, our customers and guests, want information. And, we, the Chamberlain-Oacoma Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB, want to assist you in providing prompt and efficient customer service, along with accurate information.
Our hope is that our website contains the information you need to help you plan your hunting and fishing trips, vacation, family reunions, business conventions, and quick getaways.
If you have any questions about the role of the Chamber in the community, please contact the Chamber Director or the office staff, 605-234-4416.
Sunday, May 19
HS Graduation Armory
Congrats to all graduates!
Tuesday, May 21
Bob Prentice "Mr.Attitude"
Will be speaking at Cedar Shore Resort
For more information contact Jenny 605-734-6376
Wednesday, May 22
Your all invited to St. Joseph's Thrift Store
Open House & Ribbon Cutting
Thursday, May 23
Chamber Mixer @ AmericInn
*Meet our new Executive Director*
Monday, May 27
Chamber office will be closed
in honor of Memorial Day
Monday, May 27
Memorial Day Services
@ SD Veterans Park